This is the tenth year of the Grand Thing, and the fiftieth year of the SCA. Of course we roasted a pig!
I did the pig tokens again.
Torfin has a great bronze example.
I started this work, and then finished the mold at Fair in the Grove. For the most part I used my screwdriver and my probe and also the bead-reamer with a few of the heads. I think it came out very well!
I cast about 100 of them, trimmed them with my dykes and painted a few for “family tokens.” Miss K was impressed but thought it would be really neat if each one was a little different. Honestly, that kid’s a little unclear on the concept of Mass production. Overall the pig cast great but after the first ten or so, I was having flash issues around the butt end of the pig. Not sure how to overcome that. It had to do with the heat of the stone I think, and maybe there was a very slight irregularity over on that end. I spent more time on the body than on the face or the hind though.
To start up, the stone is cold, and you get a weird half-pig effect. I really liked this.